Monday, May 11, 2015

TRX training Vs Gymnastics Ring training

Suspension training exercises are big and have been around for a while now. An increasing number of gyms have opted to install such equipment in their facility. Some charge extra for using them and it is one if the reasons why I decided to quit working out at my last gym. I bought my own TRX while I was still working out there and eventually decided to ditch the gym scene altogether.

But I have been fascinated with the gymnastic rings for a while and have been toying with the idea of buying one for my home training. After much self conflict over purchasing it online, I bought myself a new pair of gymnastics rings from a retail store close to home and am really excited about it. I have to confess, visiting a fitness and sports store or investing in quality and effective calisthenics equipment gets me excited like a child in a candy store.

As soon as I stepped inside my house with the rings, I had to set them up and try them out and I did. I did the horizontal rows and the resultant effect on the working muscles was unmistakably profound. So now I have a module to compare the TRX with, which I must say, though fantastic, has its fair share of negatives when it comes to several exercises. Hence this article is dedicated to comparing the two equipment and their pros and cons.

GYMNASTIC RINGS

TRX WORKOUTS

·         Rowing movements have a more profound effect on the back muscles than the biceps
·         Rowing movements have a more profound effect on the biceps than the back muscles
·         Pectoral exercises Movements like the Chest press and Pectoral flys can be done more effectively here
·         The TRX digs into your upper arm when you try to do the Chest flys. They also do not provide a complete convergence towards the end of the movement
·         The dips are better performed here as the rings do not keep rotating when you are doing this movements
·         More often than not, the TRX keep rotating once you suspend yourself while doing the dips, thus pulling away from the intended effect of the exercise
·         The gymnastic rings are not very conducive when it comes to portability
·         The TRX are excellent when it comes to portability
·         The gymnastic rings need proper suspension frame or bar overhead
·         The TRX can be suspended overhead from a single point, a door or a grill. When It comes to suspension it is very versatile.
·         The Gymnastic rings are cheaper than a TRX system
·         Like the point to the rights says, the TRX is expensive.

While they are both excellent training modules within themselves, if you’re training at home and have proper suspension frames for them, gymnastic rings are the way to go. However, if proper suspension frames are not possible, then I suggest you opt for the TRX. The TRX is also a better purchase if you are the kind that travels a lot. Never miss a workout when you travel.



No comments:

Post a Comment