You know you are progressing when your workout was
better than the last one. However, the only way to be sure is to start gauging
progress. The only way to do that is to note each workout down. Noting every
measureable aspect, reps, inches, time taken and intangibles like how you felt
at the end of the workout. Was your cardiovascular system challenged as much as
the last workout or was it too comfortable at the end of the workout.
So the next step in the process of developing the
bodyweight 8X8 training program would be to build a log book catering to
bodyweight exercises based training program.
While I dwell on the design with my drawing board,
let me share today’s workout results.
Today’s routine was:
Bodyweight 8X8 training routine
·
Jackknife
Squats
·
Incline
Push-Ups
·
Inverted
Rows
·
Flat
Tucked leg raises
·
Simple
Bridges
·
Pike
Press
The last three were done 3X5, however, I feel it’s
time to escalate the number of sets for the leg raises and bridges while I
continue to stay on 3 sets for the pike press. The cardiovascular system was
challenged but I think I was panting harder the last time.
Note to self:Take a pulse count at the end of the 8X8 workout,
this will tell you how well the workout went compared to the last one, as far
as cardiovascular conditioning is concerned.
The next 8X8 session is clubbed with the legs
workout and this is going to be interesting. How to make the hypertrophy
workout count without making it too long and indulge in extremely high
repetitions?
The basic movements are etched in my mind and the
hypertrophy routine is going to look like this:
·
Regular
Squats
·
Sissy
Squats
·
Elevated
Bridges
·
Straight
Bridges
No comments:
Post a Comment