Keeping in line with the plan to pursue bodyweight
exercises to achieve my fitness goals, I’d devised a training method called the
Bodyweight 8X8 Program.
Yesterday was the first day of actual deployment. The
program has been designed to take into account the status of the person’s
expertise with exercise and physical conditioning. I personally have been off
my mark for a while so I started with LEVEL 1.
The exercises were performed as a circuit and were all
major compound movements. There were two circuits comprising of three movements
in each. The exercises are chosen to target the major moving muscle groups and
were performed in a 5X5 fashion until the entire circuit was completed 5 times.
The exercises selected were:
·
Inverted
Row
·
Incline
Push-Ups
·
Supported
Squats
·
Straight
Bridge
·
Bent
Knee Hip Curls
·
Pike
Press
The First circuit consisted of the first three
exercises and the next circuit consisted of the last three. However, in the
last circuit, I only did 3X5. This is a good thing to note considering all the
major muscles and tissues involved in these exercises were actually worked to
great degree in the first circuit itself.
Inverted Row
|
5X5
|
Incline Push-Ups
|
5X5
|
Supported Squats
|
5X5
|
Straight Bridge
|
3X5
|
Flat Bent Knee Leg raises
|
3X5
|
Straight Bridge
|
3X5
|
No comments:
Post a Comment