Sunday, February 15, 2015

A new week a new day – Push workout

The routine begins again. Only this time it is not going to be an easing into the groove thing. This was the real workout and it was fun. Keeping in tune with the routine that was defined last week, I began with the Push workout – Chest, Shoulders and triceps.

It was far better than the last push workout. The routine was the same as last time with more reps in the chest workout and more reps and sets in the shoulder workout. I added the triceps too which was missing the last time. However, I do not feel the need to overdo the workout with excessive exercises and never ending sets. My routine today was:

·         Parallel Bar dips – 3X10
·         Push-Ups – 3X8
·         Pike Press – 3X6
·         Rear triceps dips – 3X10/10/8

My entire pushing muscle group was pumped and sore. I couldn’t flex to hit a most muscular pose without the chest screaming that I stop immediately. Since the last workout on Wednesday, my chest was sore until yesterday. Yet, I was able to do better so I must be recovering and regaining my strength fast.

This is the beauty of bodyweight training when done properly; it can beat the daylights out of a regular gym workout. I honestly haven’t felt this good ever in the gym after a chest workout. There is something about the way the bodyweight exercises work that gives a much pump. I hope you guys have as much fun working out with bodyweight exercises as I do. It is incredible... but don’t take my word for it, try it out yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment