Another day another workout. AS planned, today was
the push workout with the front part of the neck. The workout progressed
amazingly well. My performance in most exercises was astonishing for myself.
The routine was as below:
·
Parallel
bar dips
·
Push-Ups
·
Pike
Press
·
Triceps
Dips
·
Front
Neck simple bridges
Last Push workout, my numbers were:
·
Parallel
bar dips – 3X10
·
Push-Ups
– 3X8
·
Pike
Press – 3X6
·
Triceps
Dips – 3X10
This week was much better, my numbers were as
follows
·
Parallel
bar dips – 3X15/12/7
·
Push-Ups
– 3X
·
Pike
Press – 2X8
·
Triceps
Dips – 2X10
*Sets in the pike press and Triceps dips were
reduces as both muscles are getting ample work from the two preceding
exercises.
The workouts are getting better with each session.
Nutrition and
Diet
Having been hungry for most part of yesterday, I
didn’t feel lethargic or tired. ON the contrary, I felt alert and charged.
However, there were mild hunger pangs in between until the first meal, which
was at 2000 hrs. Today, the hunger pangs before my first meal were very strong.
Something that I did not adhere to yesterday was
segregating my meals based on the quantity of calories per meal. The idea here
is to keep the higher calorie meals for the earlier part of the day and taper
it down as the meals are eaten. My first meal today was the largest. The next
two are about the same each but lesser than the first meal.
The intermittent fasting diet isn’t going to be easy
because contrary to the leangains.com norm my:
·
First
meal is not immediately after a workout
·
Consumption
of BCAA is at only 10 gramsright after the workout, nothing before or during
and nothing until the first meal which is 3 hours from my workout.
·
I
have a flexible eating window between 8-9 hours depending on how work drives my
schedule – a bit.
However, the fasting period is well over 12 hours,
in the range of 14-15 hours. So I believe the benefits of fasting can be
enjoyed. I do feel I need to incorporate more crunchy green vegetable in my
diet, preferably in the fasting stage and during the meals, along with some
leafy greens. A little more work required with the diet planner tool, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment