Thursday, February 12, 2015

Easing back into workouts after my sickness

As mentioned in my previous post, I did start working out again today. The effort was to ease back into the grind and also primarily to test how well I was health wise, to being working out regularly.
I took up the push routine as the beginning module, not because Chest is my favorite workout but it is the simplest and least taxing to the system. Considering my health status (recovering) I figured picking an easier workout would be ideal.

So I performed the following routine:
·         Bodyweight Supported Dips – 3X10,8,8
·         Flat Push-Ups – 3X8,7,7
·         Pike Press – 2X6,5

The workout was good. My chest and shoulders felt pumped and challenged. They are mildly sore right now. I didn’t really push myself like I would have if I wasn’t recovering from my sickness. I skipped the triceps because the dips itself were pretty effective and gave the triceps a workout.

How did I feel at the end of it?
There were moments I just wanted to stop. My headache was so bad I felt I was going to pop a vein in my head. It has been an incessant pest since the last week. Every day after I wake up, I find a mild headache greeting me. As the day progresses the ache grows and I just wanna punch the day lights out of me to relax the headache. This grows until 4-5 hours and then automatically subsides. It has hampered the quality of my sleep which in turn isn’t letting the healing begin. This Monday was great, no ache unless I touched the spot and then I’d feel a mild ache.

Anyway, today post my workout, the headaches was too bad and I was considering taking the day off from work. But I treaded on. However, within 1 hour of finishing my workout the pain had absolutely vanished. In fact I came in to work feeling very fresh and energized.


Going further,the workout template looks simple for now:
·         Push routine
·         Pull routine
·         Legs and core

By the beginning of March I shall begin my Bodyweight 8X8 training program from scratch – 5X5. But the associated hypertrophy program will continue from where I left off. The updates on these workouts and my results shall be shared here. SO KEEP IN TOUCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment