While the basic 6 body weight exercises are great
and enough to build a strong physique, I still felt the need to add a neck
workout using bodyweight exercises to my routine. How this is going to work is
that the muscles of the back of the neck are going to be done with the PULL
workout and the muscles of the front of the neck are going to be done with the
PUSH workout.
I began this week with the PULL workout and
therefore worked the back of the neck today. The routine was as follows:
·
Wide
Grip Jackknife Pull-Ups
·
TRX
Inverted Rows
·
Close
Grip Jackknife Pull-ups
·
Reverse
Simple neck supported bridge
This was the first time I was doing a proper workout
for the neck and it felt like it too. Working the neck muscles with a bodyweight
of 233 lbs. can be a daunting task. Fortunately, I let the ego out of the door
and did this one with the support of my hands resting on the floor next to my
skull.
The back workout itself was quite amazing and I felt
the immediate effects in my entire upper back and lats. My previous outings
with the PULL routine in the last 3 weeks were using only the TRX, even for
pull-us. But I decided to opt for the door gym to perform the wide grip
pull-ups as the focus on the exercise and working muscles is far greater than
with the TRX. In the latter case, the body also works hard to stabilize itself
thus inducing skill work and hampering the strength work.
Nutrition and
Diet
Another topic I am going to touch on today is my
nutrition plan. I currently weigh in at 233lbs. Of these 233lbs about 178lbs
are actually lean mass. Meaning this is the weight based on which my calorie
counting begins. I am aiming or 2800-3000 calories a day on days that I
workout. So today I have packed about 2900 calories using the following:
·
Chicken
·
Rice
·
Red
Kidney Beans
·
Peanuts
This was further supported by other ingredients –
green chilies, green beans and garlic. The total protein obtained is about 200
grams, Carbohydrates about 300 grams and Fats about 94 grams. This is being
split into 3 meals.
The principle I am following is that of the 16/8
intermittent fasting. Now let’s see how this goes. This was day 1 and I carried the meals to work. While I could furnish the first two meals down, the third was a mammoth task and I had to let close to 1/3 of the contents of my lunch box remain. I also felt bloated but not heavy.
I have been in the habit of eating small meals for a few years now and therefore unable to eat large meals at one sitting. This is something I am going to work on by force feeding myself until the body begins to accept it.
No comments:
Post a Comment